Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition is security software that protects networked laptops, desktops, and servers (“endpoints”). It defends against viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, adware, rootkits, and threats not seen before (“zero-day attacks”). This product is most suitable for organizations with between 5 and 100 endpoints.Net Desire Technologies are also offering Symantec in Fujairah to protect your business.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition incorporates many of the technologies of the standard Endpoint Protection application, all manageable through a single console:
• Cloud-based or on-premises management: Network administrators have the option to manage endpoint protection through a web browser using a cloud management service or through a locally managed deployment on a server. Note that if you have any endpoints running Mac OS X, you cannot use cloud-based management.
• Antivirus and antispyware: Endpoint Protection scans for both viruses and security risks.
• Desktop firewall: The firewall prevents unauthorized users from accessing the computers and the networks that connect to the Internet.
• Intrusion prevention: The intrusion prevention system (IPS) acts as a second layer of network defense after the firewall.
• Proactive threat scanning: This scan analyzes the behavior of an application or process to determine if it exhibits characteristics of threats.
The Small Business Edition does not include device control or application control technologies, which are more suited to larger organizations.