Data loss prevention (DLP) is a strategy for making sure that users do not leak sensitive or critical information outside the corporate network.
DLP software protects the data by classifying the rules that
can protect the critical information from the leak from unauthorized users. Giving appropriate permission
to users and monitoring the
data flow is very crucial and this can protect the company information from an inside threat.
Mobile Device Management MDM allows to control, protect and enforce policies on smart mobile, tablets and other mobility endpoints
MDM is typically a deployment of a combination of on-device applications and configurations, corporate policies and certificates, and backend infrastructure, for the purpose of simplifying and enhancing the IT management of end user devices. In modern corporate IT environments, the sheer number and diversity of managed devices (and user behaviour) has motivated MDM solutions that allow the management of devices and users in a consistent and scalable way. The overall role of MDM is to increase device supportability, security, and corporate functionality while maintaining some user flexibility.
Many organizations administer devices and applications using MDM products/services. MDM primarily deals with corporate data segregation, securing emails, securing corporate documents on devices, enforcing corporate policies, integrating and managing mobile devices including laptops and handhelds of various categories. MDM implementations may be either on-premises or cloud-based.
Some of the core functions of MDM include:
- Ensuring that diverse user equipment is configured to a consistent standard / supported set of applications, functions, or corporate policies
- Updating equipment, applications, functions, or policies in a scalable manner
- Ensuring that users use applications in a consistent and supportable manner
- Ensuring that equipment performs consistently
- Monitoring and tracking equipment (e.g. location, status, ownership, activity)
- Being able to efficiently diagnose and troubleshoot equipment remotely